Buffalo Buddhas Zen

Buffalo Buddhas Zen pursue to provide the essence of Zen Buddhism.
What is Zen?
How do we sit?
How do we bow?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

We were born at University at Buffalo, State University of New York, in January 1, 2006. Meditation Teacher: Okhee Kim, who majored Zen Buddhism in Hanazono University, Kyoto, Japan.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Meditation Bench


When I first began meditation, my legs would fall asleep very fast and then it would be painfull, it would be extremely difficult for me to concentrate. I saw Mike using a meditation bench so I decided to try it as well. It is very good, and It helps with my posture and concentration.
-JOE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe!
I saw some people using that.
Right! Pain on leg is really severe for the meditation.

We need your pictures in our "photos".
Please post your photos on our homepage!
See you around!
James

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use home-made cushions here in St. Catharines. I guess you'd call them "zafu" but I am not sure. Do you do any chanting? I imagine zen is a bit different than the Tibetan stuff that we do. Tell the folks at UB 'thanks' for bringing His Holiness. We really enjoyed the visit. The following Thursday I am sure I saw his plane circling the falls a few times before he went on with the rest of his trip. I took a photo of the plane. :)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home